Soltec Power Holdings, S.A. and its subsidiaries (hereinafter «the Group») are a Holding Corporate Group operational across the globe.
The Governance Body is the ultimate authority in the Group and, as such, is responsible, among other things, for establishing the general policies and strategies. This responsibility is non-delegable in accordance with article 249 BIS of the Spanish Capital Companies Act.
The responsibility regarding the definition of the general strategy includes the definition of the fiscal strategy of the Group and the approval of the Corporate Fiscal Policy.
Therefore, and in the exercise of its duties, the Governance Body of the Company has approved this Corporate Fiscal Policy, whose objective is to establish some basic principles and guidelines which will govern the fiscal strategy of the Group. Moreover, this policy lays the foundations for the fulfillment of the fiscal duties entrusted to it in accordance with the applicable legislation and the best tax practices.
- Fiscal Strategy
The Group’s fiscal strategy is in line with its purpose, values and long-term business strategy. In this sense, the main objective of the Group’s fiscal strategy is to guarantee the observance of the tax regulations and fiscal obligations in each and every territory in which it operates, within the framework of respect for the corporate principles of integrity, transparency and achievement of social interest.
Additionally, the Group undertakes to maintain a cooperative relationship with the different public administrations.
- Principles and good practices
We have a commitment to responsible tax payment and we respect the Tax Regulations. The principles that govern the Group’s fiscal strategy and good practices arising therefrom are the following:
- Adopting the necessary measures to guarantee the minimization of significant fiscal risks and the prevention of conducts that may create them, by implementing a supervision, surveillance and control policy for such activity (Tax compliance policy).
- Implementing effectivee systems of information and internal control of fiscal risks systems, including mitigating measures and establishing internal rules for corporate management on this matter, whose observance may be monitored.
- Rejecting the use of non-transparent structures for tax purposes.
- A relationship with the Tax Authorities based on the principles of good faith, collaboration and transparency.
- Collaboration with the Public Administration in order to detect and seek solutions regarding the fraudulent tax practices that may occur in the markets where the company may be present.
- Use of all possibilities offered by the contradictory nature of the auditing process and encouraging, to the extent possible, the voluntary regularization of any contingency.
- Informing the Group’s Governance Body of the fiscal policies applied and the fiscal consequences of the transactions or matters submitted for their approval when such policies and consequences play an important role.
- Adopting tax-related decisions based on a reasonable interpretation of the Regulations, under the principles of caution and responsibility and, where appropriate, avoiding possible interpretation conflicts by using the instruments established to that effect by the tax authorities.
- Promoting a fiscal culture based on compliance and responsibility by effectively notifying the tax compliance policy and the obligations arising therefrom, with the objective of reinforcing a corporate culture based on ethics.
- Monitoring, control and revision of Corporate Fiscal Policy
The Governance Body, on its own or through its compliance body (Tax Compliance Officer), will promote the revision of this fiscal policy and adopt the modifications and improvements that it deems appropriate, in accordance with the applicable regulations from time to time.
Moreover, the Governance Body, on its own or through a delegate body, will supervise the implementation of this Corporate Fiscal Policy and will regularly assess its effectiveness and adopt the adequate measures in order to solve, where appropriate, its possible defects.
- Dissemination of the Corporate Fiscal Policy
The Governance Body will encourage the dissemination of the corporate fiscal policy through not only the Board of Directors, but also the managers of every department within the Group and its employees.